bbAntiSpam: Discuss how to stop web spam

The forum is retired.

bbAntiSpam Forum Index - Advanced Textual Confirmation - Need more detailed installation instructions+explanations

kresten

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Need more detailed installation instructions+explanations  

Dear Oleg
I first downloadet the free version, which have a lot of files, some inside folders, some maybe just instructions for me. Unclear whether theyshould be placed within their enclosing folder in the phpBB folder of my site, or individually placed side by side there,or some taken out of their folder and put into the folder of same name there ?
Realizing,that I would be bombarded with e-mails from the free version, I chose to pay for the advanced standard version, and downloadet that one. Wondering: It has a lower version number (1.0.2) than the free version (1.0.6)....and most of all: discover that it contains a much smaller number of files, -some of which looks most like explanations for me - and with the same uncertainty:where precisely shall which of them be placed in my phpBB folder. I am not a programmer, so need more explicit instructions for these issues
best regards
Kresten
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:13 am    Post subject:  

Hello Kresten,

you are right, the installation instructions are not very friendly for non-programmers, and I'm going to develop an alternative installation program. But it's the future.

Textual Confirmation (TC) and Advanced Textual Confirmation (ATC) are two different programs, therefore they have different version numbers and different set of files. You need to choose if you are going to use TC or ATC.

In your circumstances, I'd recommend to use ATC: http://bbantispam.com/atc/.

1. Put the files "bbantispam.php" and "bbas_config.php" into the folder where phpBB is installed (near the files "config.php", "login.php" and others).

2. In the same folder, open the file "extension.inc" in an editor.

2. After the first string, "<?php", add the string
Code:
require_once 'bbantispam.php';

3. Save the changes

Ok.