bbAntiSpam: Discuss how to stop web spam

The forum is retired.

bbAntiSpam Forum Index - Textual Confirmation - Email notifications

mischa

Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: Email notifications  

Are there any plans to build a plugin based on all the information that is collected with the Textual Confirmation?

Btw... I would like to donate to the project but I don't need a business license. I don't mind contributing with spammers details Wink

Where can I donate to? P a y p a l by any chance?
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject:  

Quote:
Are there any plans to build a plugin based on all the information that is collected with the Textual Confirmation?

Yes, I'd like to write it. However, I'll write it only after selling 20 licenses.

Quote:
Btw... I would like to donate to the project but I don't need a business license. I don't mind contributing with spammers details

Not a problem, you get a business license, but don't use it Wink

Quote:
Where can I donate to? P a y p a l by any chance?

The best way to domate is through purchasing licenses here. The agent says they accept P a y p a l. Or, if your are in Europe and like onlince banking, I can send the account details.

What's I need most of all now is publicity. Few people know about Textual Confirmation, few people ever think that they need something like it. If you can popularize Textual Confirmation in your environment, please do it.
mischa

Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject:  

How far are you away from the 20 licenses?
Do you have any banners that we can include in a Textual Confirmation modded forum? Wink
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:12 am    Post subject:  

Quote:
How far are you away from the 20 licenses?

Very, very far away: 17 licenses are required. The main problem is that I can't find a way to those who ready to pay. Recently I've sent a press-release, but it seems not noticed.
However, I'm optimistic as TC gains popularity. Sooner or later, the barrier will be passed.
Quote:
Do you have any banners that we can include in a Textual Confirmation modded forum?

Good idea! Unfortunately, at the moment I don't have a banner. Good alternative is a sticky topic in your forum.
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:59 am    Post subject:  

Quote:
Do you have any banners that we can include in a Textual Confirmation modded forum?

Finally, done:

http://bbantispam.com/images/bbas_logo.gif
lawgiver

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject:  

You really do not need publicity, you will get it just by being as a mod on the phpbb . com website.

I got fed up with all the spammers, sought a solution on phpbb . com and found your mod. Thx! Smile
lawgiver

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject:  

..same here, I don't mind sending the spammer details, but I DO mind the admin e-mails.
So you might be a bit clearer on that you can turn admin notification off in
the business version...

Quote:
Buy now! The price is only $29.95.

If you don't want to send us copies of the notifications, you must buy a business license.

Payments are processed by Plimus Corporation, a well-known software store located in the US. The Textual Confirmation author doesn't have access to your sensitive personal data, such as your credit card number. The recommended payment method is credit card. Alternatives might cause additional fees. European users who want to pay by wire transfer (online banking) without fees, please contact us directly.

Bonus: the license key is valid both for Textual Confirmation and Links Rejector.

Please add this line:

If you don't want TextualConfirmation to send you copies of the notifications, you must buy a business license.

TC installed and running fine on http://www.safd.se/forum
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:04 am    Post subject:  

I'm glad to hear you like the mod. And thanks for the suggestion! Finding the right words is always a hard task, and often the author can't improve the writing without assitance.

Ok.