bbAntiSpam: Discuss how to stop web spam

The forum is retired.

bbAntiSpam Forum Index - phpBB spam - Greek

Greek textual confirmatio

Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Greek  

Hi there,

I tried installing your textual confirmation in a greek forum and it seem things broke down. The admin file when was there basically turned all my admin menu in characters I couldn't understand. Once removed the admin menu returned to normal again.

It seems to work and without the admin menu but if a user makes an error it breaks down again.

Please see here if you can: www.bipolar.gr/forum

I think I've produced a greek version really so I would be grateful if you could help me to get this right. You could use it as your greek language pack them.

I also use the xand theme. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Thanks

Yanni
malliaris@gmail.com

ps. even with a broken mod spambots seems to have stopped...many thanks anyway.
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:08 am    Post subject:  

Hello,

I think it's an encoding problem -- your forum uses one encoding set, your text editor saved the messages in another encoding.

Save the files in 'iso-8859-7' encoding instead of 'utf-8', and I think you'll get the right letters.

Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject:  

thanks. you are probably right. i think i opened up the files with textwranger and saved the with the wrong encoding on the server. i will try again. thanks for looking into it. great mod indeed.

yanni

Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject:  

hi there,

actually i just saved the admin_tc.php file in the admin folder with the greek iso you mentioned and I continue getting the same problem. this is the exact error:

Quote:
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/41/d175400140/htdocs/edo2/forum/language/lang_greek/lang_tc.php:1) in /homepages/41/d175400140/htdocs/edo2/forum/admin/page_header_admin.php on line 143

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/41/d175400140/htdocs/edo2/forum/language/lang_greek/lang_tc.php:1) in /homepages/41/d175400140/htdocs/edo2/forum/admin/page_header_admin.php on line 145

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/41/d175400140/htdocs/edo2/forum/language/lang_greek/lang_tc.php:1) in /homepages/41/d175400140/htdocs/edo2/forum/admin/page_header_admin.php on line 146

any ideas?

y

Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject:  

i seem to have fixed everything. i think it was a combination of saving files with the correct iso and also putting them in their right place. and i had forgotten some.

thanks for your input.

yanni
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:36 am    Post subject:  

Hi!

Quote:
Code:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/41/d175400140/htdocs/edo2/forum/language/lang_greek/lang_tc.php:1) in /homepages/41/d175400140/htdocs/edo2/forum/admin/page_header_admin.php on line 143

This is a PHP feature. The file "lang_tc.php" should start with the symbols "<?php" immediately. Even an empty line is not allowed.

I'm glad to hear the problem is fixed!

Ok.