bbAntiSpam: Discuss how to stop web spam

The forum is retired.

bbAntiSpam Forum Index - Advanced Textual Confirmation - Adding ATC to phpbb3 creates header errors and blocks logins

rossruns

Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Adding ATC to phpbb3 creates header errors and blocks logins  

I took the stock files for ATC (1.0.3), changed the questions slightly and uploaded to the directory with my common.php and ucp.php files. I added the include statement to ucp.php and tried doing a register like a user would do - the question page comes up but I've got a big error at the top that says:

Quote:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /bbantispam.php(131) : eval()'d code on line 46: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /bbas_config.php:71)

If I answer the question, it then goes to the registration page, but now I've got a whole lot of errors that say:

Quote:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /bbantispam.php(131) : eval()'d code on line 20: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /bbas_config.php:71)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /bbas_config.php:71)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /bbas_config.php:71)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /bbas_config.php:71)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /bbas_config.php:71)

Furthermore, if you answer the question for people logging in, you can try logging in and the forum page says you've successfully logged in, but then kicks you back to the home page in its un-logged-in state (i.e. with most of the areas inaccessible.

I'd really like to use this as the built in PHP captcha is NOT stopping any of the spammers registering for my site, but can't seem to get it to work. Thanks for any info you might be able to provide...
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:31 am    Post subject:  

Hello,

I think I know what's the problem. The file "bbas_config.php" must finish with the symbols "?>". Everything other, including an empty line, causes this PHP error.

I suspect the text editor has added an empty line. Delete it.

Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject:  

Thanks for the quick response - I'll try it this evening and I'll bet that'll fix the problem!
rossruns

Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject:  

That did the trick! Users can log in just fine now and I expect the spambots will be stumped! Thanks so much again!!
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:22 am    Post subject:  

I'm happy to hear the problem is fixed!

Ok.