bbAntiSpam: Discuss how to stop web spam

The forum is retired.

bbAntiSpam Forum Index - Advanced Textual Confirmation - Not working for PHP Nuke

Natalya

Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject: Not working for PHP Nuke  

Hello,

I read the entire thread for installing ATC on PHPNuke, and I cannot get it to work, or at least when I register as a new user, I don't get the ATC question page.

Here is the top code of the config.php for Nuke 7.8 file (as suggested in the How to install in PHPNuke thread):

Quote:
<?php include_once "bbantispam/bbantispam.php"; ?>
<?php

######################################################################
# PHP-NUKE: Advanced Content Management System
# ============================================

I've tried everything that was suggested in the other help threads....what am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the help

Natalya

Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject:  

Sorry, I forgot to post a link to my site: http://www.biomechine.net/mtnuke
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:55 am    Post subject:  

Hello,

first, make sure that the bbantispam code is executed. Open "bbantispam.php" and add after "<?php":
Code:
die("I'm working!");

Open your site in a browser. Instead of the site, you should get the words "I'm working!". After this check, restore the original file.

* Have you got the words?
* Did you modify the html confirmation form, which is embedded in "bbas_config.php"?

Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject:  

Hello

Ok I suppose I have to guess that it is working as I ran the 'I'm working' test and that does work.

I did not change any code in "bbas_config.php" because it said that changing it without a license code will turn it off.

May I ask when the question is supposed to be asked when registering? After clicking the 'New User' button or the 'Finish' button on the next page? I don't see it after either on a test run.

Also a thought, if I have the bbantispam include once code in the top of config.php, would that prevent it from working if that code is repeated in Your Account and posting.php?

Sorry for the questions, just trying to figure this out.

And thanks again for your time

Natalya
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:20 am    Post subject:  

It's a first time I've got such problem, and honestly I'm afraid I can't help. But let's try.

So, the code in bbantispam.php is executed, and bbas_config.php isn't changed. It's good. Would you please also check that you use the latest ATC (version 1.0.3)? Just download ATC and overwrite the files.

Also, do you have access to the server access and error log files? Please look inside, probably there are some error reports.

Quote:
when the question is supposed to be asked when registering? After clicking the 'New User' button or the 'Finish' button on the next page? I don't see it after either on a test run.

The question is expected after clicking the "New User" button.

Quote:
Also a thought, if I have the bbantispam include once code in the top of config.php, would that prevent it from working if that code is repeated in Your Account and posting.php?

Duplicated calls are harmless and should not cause any problems.

Ok.