bbAntiSpam: Discuss how to stop web spam

The forum is retired.

bbAntiSpam Forum Index - Textual Confirmation - question regarding bbantispam

jason

Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: question regarding bbantispam  

well sort of bbantispam. i have 2 sites. both with bbantispam. one sends me email when someone fails. the other does not. hwo do i make it send me email.

also a side question more phpnuke related. how do i find out the IP of someone that registered on my site. say they got through my bbantispam. unless they make a post i cant seem to find out there IP addy for a ban. best i can do is ban their email domain. any help would be great.

Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject:  

i think i may have advanced so this may be in wrong spot hopefully i still find help. thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:57 am    Post subject:  

With phpNuke, you most likely has Advanced Textual Confirmation. This tool doesn't send e-mails.

I don't know if it's possible to get the IP of a registered user. You'd better ask in phpNUke forums. But in any case, banning by IP doesn't work. I think banning by e-mail domain is better.

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:20 am    Post subject:  

it doesnt send emails? why do i keep getting emails in one of my accounts everytime someone fails.

this is a sample of what i get.

User 'marswits' has failed to answer the Textual Confirmation question correctly. It might be a spambot, therefore the registration is rejected.

--

User: marswits
E-mail domain: @gmail.com
Signature:

--

Data provided by the server:

REMOTE_ADDR=69.121.194.146
HTTP_USER_AGENT=Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20050519 Netscape/8.0.1
ENCODING=iso-8859-1

--

You are using the COMMUNITY EDITION of Textual Confirmation. This message is also SENT TO THE COMMUNITY SPAM DATABASE. If you don't like it, buy the business edition license:
http://bbantispam.com/tc/?mode=register

--
Textual Confirmation, http://bbantispam.com/tc/
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:43 am    Post subject:  

Textual Confirmation does send e-mails, Advanced Textual Confirmation doesn't send e-mails.

Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:54 am    Post subject:  

oh ok i some how managed to download 2 different ones then when setting up my sites. thanks.

Ok.