bbAntiSpam: Discuss how to stop web spam

The forum is retired.

bbAntiSpam Forum Index - phpBB spam - installing the spam mod

paul stubbs

Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: installing the spam mod  

Hello just a few questions about installing the spam mod which i need to do. In my admin panel there is a Textual Confirmation section under the smiles with some questions and answer in it anyway when i press submit does that mean that its working anyway and i dont have to install the mod? The instalation
looks a bit tricky to me but didnt i read on the index theres a quick easy way?
sorry to sound dumb Embarassed
regards
Paul
paul stubbs

Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: yes im using the community edition - opps  

Hello again ive realized ive got the community edition as ive had lot's of these emails into my inbox ( pls see below) . It was only a couple of weeks ago that a sent my first email out using the forum system ( which ive had for about 5 years on my website) and have had lot's of returned emails filling up my inbox. How long does the email replys last for? What i was actually looking for is the question and answer test on my forum. Do i have it when people go on to my forum ? as ive had so much spam lately i can't have ?
Hope you understand the above i am getting there....slowly
regards
Paul

You are using the COMMUNITY EDITION of Textual Confirmation. This message is also SENT TO THE COMMUNITY SPAM DATABASE. If you don't like it, buy the business edition license:
http://bbantispam.com/tc/?mode=register
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:54 am    Post subject:  

Hello Paul,

congratulations, it seems you've successfully installed antispam mod Textual Confirmation. Unfortunately, I don't understand well what do you ask about e-mails. If you asked if each e-mail corresponds to a spam attempt, then yes, it's so.

Ok.