bbAntiSpam: Discuss how to stop web spam

The forum is retired.

bbAntiSpam Forum Index - Textual Confirmation - Installation problem

Angels_Sin

Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Installation problem  

Hey,

I've just trying to install this mod (I really don't know that much with this kind of thing!) and I got so far as the SQL part which on seeing your forum I thought would be best to do using the db_update zip. However, when running the file I'm getting the following error message:

"CREATE TABLE phpbb_textual_confirmation ( id INTEGER NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, question TEXT NOT NULL, answers TEXT NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (id) )
+++ Error: Access denied for user 'yscr_bb2wI-'@'localhost' to database 'phpbb_6'

INSERT INTO phpbb_textual_confirmation(question,answers) VALUES ('Are you human?', 'yes ja oui')
+++ Error: Table 'phpbb_6.phpbb_textual_confirmation' doesn't exist

INSERT INTO phpbb_textual_confirmation(question,answers) VALUES ('Say hello', 'hello hi hallo')
+++ Error: Table 'phpbb_6.phpbb_textual_confirmation' doesn't exist"

I'm sure I'm doing something very dumb but please can you help me?!!

Thank you Very Happy
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 3:19 am    Post subject:  

You are doing the things correctly, and it's very strange you've got the error. According to the text of the error (``Access denied ...''), you don't have rights to create table in the database. I don't know why.

I recommend the following: write to the hoster's support and ask to execute the following SQL commands for your account:

Code:

CREATE TABLE phpbb_textual_confirmation ( id INTEGER NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, question TEXT NOT NULL, answers TEXT NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (id) );
INSERT INTO phpbb_textual_confirmation(question,answers) VALUES ('Are you human?', 'yes ja oui');
INSERT INTO phpbb_textual_confirmation(question,answers) VALUES ('Say hello', 'hello hi hallo');

Ok.