bbAntiSpam: Discuss how to stop web spam

The forum is retired.

bbAntiSpam Forum Index - phpBB spam - Paying for textual confirmation...

Muffy

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Paying for textual confirmation...  

hi guys - i want to support this essential mod, and i'll be honest, i want to be able to stop the textual confirmation emails from flooding my email box

question for you all - will i be able to get instructions on how to modify the existsing installed mod files in my phpbb install, or will i have to uninstall the mod, and then install the 'paid for' version?

problem is i've installed many other mods after installing textual confirmation, and i fear i may have a disaster on my hands if I try to remove it. i would rather instructions on how to modify it.

thanks
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:07 am    Post subject:  

Hi!

Quote:
i want to support this essential mod

It'd be very nice. Thanks a lot!

Quote:
will i be able to get instructions on how to modify the existsing installed mod files in my phpbb install, or will i have to uninstall the mod, and then install the 'paid for' version?

After payment, you'll automatically get a license key file. You'll just put this file into the phpBB folder, and that's all. No modifications in any phpBB files required.

Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:02 am    Post subject: Awesome, thanks!  

thanks for the quick reply!! much appreciated Smile

I'm a bit confused looking at the different editions now though - seems your page has changed since I last looked...

I simply want the ability to not receive the 'textual confirmation' emails anymore at the forum admin's email account - that's all. no need to customize the look or build my own apps etc... does the 'standard license' alllow this option? the page doesn't make mention of it...

also, last question (I promise!) - I'm running Textual Confirmation v1.0.1 on phpbb v2.0.22. it works great Cool will the license file apply in my configuration?

thanks again - and thanks for making this tool. it is the ONLY thing that has been able to keep the spammers out of my forum

cheers
Muffy

Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:51 am    Post subject: uh..  

well, i went ahead and ordered standard license....

but Plimus says they need to phone me to verify my order??? They have already received my payment....

i've never heard of such a thing. This is very strange
Muffy....

Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:20 am    Post subject: ok, so they phoned me...  

about 13 hours later Confused i can't imagine what i did for them to flag my purchase.

anyway, it's approved (I guess they trust me now) and processed, says I need to wait up to 48h for developer approval

anyway, hope i pass approval again! in any case i'm happy to support this important and effective project, thanks again for your work on Textual Confirmation! Very Happy
padawan

Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:45 am    Post subject:  

Is there a way to not receive the confirmation e-mails so the owner doesn't get an over whelming amount of e-mail stating that a bot was trying to acess the forms but wasn't able to? Like muffy was asking. I just want to know before I tell our site admin about it and upset the owner by all the e-mails he will recieve, lol.
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:49 am    Post subject:  

Hi Michael,

I'm very sorry that the purchase process was so painful. I'll contact the payment gateway support to find if it's possible to avoid excessive flagging. And ``delivery in 48 hours'' is a nonsense, the license key is sent automatically and immediately. Thanks for highlighting the problems, and thanks again for purchase!

I've just sent a copy of the key and my usual thanks-letter. As for the questions:

Quote:
I'm a bit confused looking at the different editions now though - seems your page has changed since I last looked...

I think you visited the page of ``Advanced Textual Confirmation''. As phpBB2 is now a bit out-of-date, I hid the tool for phpBB2 (Textual Confirmation), and instead hightlighted completely another tool (Advanced Textual Confirmation).

Quote:
I simply want the ability to not receive the 'textual confirmation' emails anymore at the forum admin's email account - that's all. no need to customize the look or build my own apps etc... does the 'standard license' alllow this option? the page doesn't make mention of it...

Yes, you've got a license key for phpBB2 Textual Confirmation, and the key stops the e-mails.

Quote:
also, last question (I promise!) - I'm running Textual Confirmation v1.0.1 on phpbb v2.0.22. it works great Cool will the license file apply in my configuration?

Yes. The only difference between the versions is the set of language translations.

In short: you've done everything right. Thanks for patience!

For padawan: http://bbantispam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=187.

Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:01 am    Post subject: Awesome!  

Just got the license key you mailed - thanks Oleg! Really appreciate it Cool

thanks for your helpful words - yes i'm not very impressed with the ecommerce provider - there was definately no instant copy of the license key sent... first I received it was in your email a few minutes ago

anyway, ultimately no worries, you got my support for your tools, and I got the license key, and I can see it'll be no problem to install it.. though i will avoid Plimus payment in the future Confused

anyway, all the best to you! thanks once again for the great application, and your helpful response here in your forum

cheers
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:50 am    Post subject:  

Quote:
Just got the license key you mailed

Nice!

Quote:
though i will avoid Plimus payment in the future

Actually, Plimus is one of the best...

Again, thanks a lot for the purchase and the suggestions!

Ok.