bbAntiSpam: Discuss how to stop web spam

The forum is retired.

bbAntiSpam Forum Index - Textual Confirmation - Install Problem

truekid

Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Install Problem  

I've installed a couple of mods on my forum before, with no problems.
today i installed TC, and i must've done something wrong, because now my forum won't load at all... i get:

Quote:
Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'truekid'@'*ip address*' (using password: YES) in /home/content/t/r/u/truekid/html/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/content/t/r/u/truekid/html/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/content/t/r/u/truekid/html/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 331
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

i undid and re-did all the steps in install.txt, including the one for changing the .tpl in the various themes.

any help would be appreciated :)
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:44 am    Post subject:  

In my opinion, you don't have a problem with Textual Confirmation. Unfortunately, you have some problem with the forum.

Check your user name and password settings in config.php. If it doesn't help, ask for help in the phpBB forums.

Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:19 am    Post subject:  

you're entirely correct, that's where the problem was. thank you very much Smile
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:45 am    Post subject:  

You are always welcome. By the way, what was the problem?

Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject:  

when i changed my database password right before making the sql changes (i hadn't read the forums here yet, and was just going off the install files), for some reason it didn't change it in my config file. so apparently the forum was trying to utilize the db with a bad password? or something similar.

so from my end, it looked like the forum was working perfectly right up until the last step of the mod install, and then suddenly the whole thing was dead. so my first assumption was that the mod was the cause.

also, to note, this mod works great... i was clearing out 3 to 5 spam messages a day, and since the install, there have been absolutely no spam messages on my board. good job, and thanks again Smile
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:05 am    Post subject:  

Thanks, funny story. And I'm happy that spam is stopped!

Ok.