bbAntiSpam: Discuss how to stop web spam

The forum is retired.

bbAntiSpam Forum Index - Advanced Textual Confirmation - Trying to customize the layout

Ghost

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Trying to customize the layout  

I have recently purchased Advanced Textual Confirmation and have it working flawlessly on my Nuke-Evolution (PHP-Nuke Fork) Site. However, I can not seem to get the Header and Footer inserted properly for this plugin to appear in the same format and setup as the rest of my site.
Could you please lend me some guidance as to how I may achieve this?

Any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you,
Ghost
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:17 am    Post subject:  

The confirmation form template is stored in the file "bbas_config.php" in the variable "$confirmation_page". Therefore, your steps are:

* Get a sample HTML page of your site
* Put the placeholders "{CHARSET}", "{TITLE}", "{EXPLAIN}", "{QUESTION}", "{ACTION}", "{FIELD_ANSWER}", "{SUBMIT}", "{HIDDEN_FIELDS}", "{FOOTNOTE}" into the sample HTML
* Tune the design
* Put the HTML code into the file "bbas_config.php"

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject:  

OK...I got it.
Not necessarily what I was hoping, as my links in the headers and and side bar will be changing frequently...however this will work for the time being?

Is there a possibilty to have you recode it so that my header and footer are actively present? I am willing to pay what is necessary...and of course you could send me the encoded portion?

Ghost
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject:  

I understand what you want, but it's a bit impossible. The protection works as an external lock, not as an embedded system. Trying to get the latter is a big rework, it's easier to write a specialized tool for PHP-Nuke from scratch.

As for your situation, I'd just use the header and footer without links. Indeed, the visitor shouldn't be distracted at the step of confirmation. And with a static page, you greatly reduce load on database. And finally, the most of your visitors get the confirmation page only once. No need to spend efforts on something invisible.

Ok.