bbAntiSpam: Discuss how to stop web spam

The forum is retired.

bbAntiSpam Forum Index - Advanced Textual Confirmation - phpbb2: what is the correct path to bbantispam.php?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

TNTRide

Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:36 am    Post subject: Help needed ASAP!  

admin wrote:
Yes, you can change the question.

The only limitation of the free version is that you can't change the layout of the form.

I need help with my extension.inc file setting.. Embarassed

Here's my info: /public_html/forum/bbantispam

I created the bbantispam folder and put the two files there. Is that correct??

Now I'm stuck on what to do now?
Slacker

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:05 am    Post subject:  

Yes, you seems to have done it correctly.

You could try to add this piece of code:

require_once 'forum/bbantispam/bbantispam.php';

if this does not work try:

require_once 'forum/bbantispam/';
TNTRide

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:30 am    Post subject: Didn't work  

Slacker wrote:
Yes, you seems to have done it correctly.

You could try to add this piece of code:

require_once 'forum/bbantispam/bbantispam.php';

if this does not work try:

require_once 'forum/bbantispam/';

Didn't work... =(

Warning: main(forum/bbantispam/bbantispam.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tntridec/public_html/forum/extension.inc on line 2

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'forum/bbantispam/bbantispam.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/tntridec/public_html/forum/extension.inc on line 2

Here's the first...

Warning: main(forum/bbantispam/) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tntridec/public_html/forum/extension.inc on line 2

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'forum/bbantispam/' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/tntridec/public_html/forum/extension.inc on line 2

This error is for the second one..

Any other ideas? Shocked

Thanks,

TNTRide
Slacker

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject:  

Have you checked in /public_html/forum/bbantispam on the server, if the two files really are there?
TNTRide

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: question  

Slacker wrote:
Have you checked in /public_html/forum/bbantispam on the server, if the two files really are there?

Yes they are there... Mad

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject:  

The error message seems indicate that it cant find the bbantispam.php. Have you checked that the permissions of bbantispam folder and bbantispam.php is correct?
TNTRide

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: errors  

Anonymous wrote:
The error message seems indicate that it cant find the bbantispam.php. Have you checked that the permissions of bbantispam folder and bbantispam.php is correct?

what should they be set for? no I haven't checked that. I'm very new to phpbb. Confused

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject:  

You can see the permissions, when you log in through your ftp program. In my ftp program I can change permisson through File attributes for the folder or files. The bbantispam folder should have the permission 755 or Read, write, execute, Read, execute, Read, execute. The two files should have permission 644 or Read, write, Read, Read.

If it is not a permission problem the path must be wrong. When you log in with your ftp program you should see the forum folder directly. If you see
public_html only the path should be:

require_once 'public_html/forum/bbantispam/bbantispam.php';
TNTRide

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject:  

Anonymous wrote:
You can see the permissions, when you log in through your ftp program. In my ftp program I can change permisson through File attributes for the folder or files. The bbantispam folder should have the permission 755 or Read, write, execute, Read, execute, Read, execute. The two files should have permission 644 or Read, write, Read, Read.

If it is not a permission problem the path must be wrong. When you log in with your ftp program you should see the forum folder directly. If you see

I'm not sure what the problem is I checked everything you asked me to check. Still a no go and here's the error that comes up.

Warning: main(public_html/forum/bbantispam/bbantispam.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tntridec/public_html/forum/extension.inc on line 2

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'public_html/forum/bbantispam/bbantispam.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/tntridec/public_html/forum/extension.inc on line 2

Any other ideas? Question

Here's what my extension file reads..

<?php
/
* extension.inc
* -------------------
* begin : Saturday, Feb 13, 2001
* copyright : (C) 2001 The phpBB Group
* email : support@phpbb.com
* $Id: extension.inc,v 1.5 2002/04/04 11:52:50 psotfx Exp $
/

if ( !defined('IN_PHPBB') )
{
die("Hacking attempt");
}

//
// Change this if your extension is not .php!
//
$phpEx = "php";

$starttime = 0;

?>

Here's a new error besides the errors I just showed you.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '/' in /home/tntridec/public_html/forum/extension.inc on line 3
TNTRide

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Folder  

Anonymous wrote:

What if I eliminate the folder and just upload those two files directly to the directory? It seems it's having trouble executing the php file. Idea

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject:  

Upload to public_html? Yes, I think it should work, but you then have to change the path.
TNTRide

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: No go  

Anonymous wrote:
Upload to public_html? Yes, I think it should work, but you then have to change the path.

Here's what I got this time..

Warning: main(public_html/forum/bbantispam.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tntridec/public_html/forum/extension.inc on line 3

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'public_html/forum/bbantispam.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/tntridec/public_html/forum/extension.inc on line 3
Slacker

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject:  

Did you upload it then inside the forum folder? And wrote:

require_once 'forum/bbantispam.php';

If you upload it to public_html it should be:

require_once 'bbantispam.php';
TNTRide

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Forum folder  

Slacker wrote:
Did you upload it then inside the forum folder? And wrote:

require_once 'forum/bbantispam.php';

If you upload it to public_html it should be:

require_once 'bbantispam.php';

It's in the forum folder.. This is so frustrating that I'm having this much trouble with something so simple.

Tried what you said and got this.

Warning: main(forum/bbantispam.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tntridec/public_html/forum/extension.inc on line 3

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'forum/bbantispam.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/tntridec/public_html/forum/extension.inc on line 3

-TNTRide
Slacker

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject:  

It is very strange indeed. We have to wait to hear what Oleg has to say about this.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Ok.