bbAntiSpam: Discuss how to stop web spam

The forum is retired.

bbAntiSpam Forum Index - Advanced Textual Confirmation - bbantispam.php will not run on my server

bengtang

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: bbantispam.php will not run on my server  

Hi there, i uploaded the bbantispam.php and bbas_config.php files to my server and tried to run bbantispam.php but nothing happened. I tried another php file in the same folder with a test script and that worked, so php seems to be working there, but bbantispam.php will not work.

I tried running the file direct in my browser by putting it's url in the address bar but this is all it gave me:

Code:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"></HEAD>
<BODY></BODY></HTML>

Any ideas wht is wrong? I did not make any changes to the php files, just unzipped them and ftped them in ascii mode to the server.

My server has php 4.4.7
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:54 am    Post subject:  

Running the file "bbantispam.php" directly makes no sense, you just get the empty page as expected. Instead, "bbantispam.php" should be included by a script which you want to protect. See examples of attaching the spam protection.

I'm sorry that the documentation isn't very clear yet.

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject:  

Thanks, you are right. It only works when it is run as the result of a POST request method. I tested it using a form to submit to it and it worked.
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:00 am    Post subject:  

Quote:
and it worked.

Nice!

Ok.