bbAntiSpam: Discuss how to stop web spam

The forum is retired.

bbAntiSpam Forum Index - Links Rejector - spams suddenly getting through again, please help!

Garry

Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: spams suddenly getting through again, please help!  

Hi

Thank you for your wonderful plug ins, which have been so helpful.

However, links rejector seems to have been hacked or something, suddently I'm getting spams again, see this example

http://www.abikecentral.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=376

Please tell me how I can fix this, thanks!

Garry
pbirm

Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Textual Confirmation Code Has Been Cracked-Now Getting Spam  

Yes I agree with you. After I installed the Textual Confirmation Code, spam vanished. I installed it on 3 sites. Starting a couple of weeks ago I started getting a lot of spam on all 3 sites.

It seems that the spammers found away around it. Evil or Very Mad It's unfortunate, because I was really happy. Now I'll have to go find another tool to prevent these pain the a** spammers!

Maybe they'll upgraded Textual Confirmation Code to fix the problem.
Garry

Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject:  

Dear admin

Could you please respond to this point, as it seems to be affecting a lot of people. Please let us know if you are aware of the cause of this, and when you will have an update to fix it, thanks!

Garry
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:24 am    Post subject:  

Sorry, I was on vacations and wasn't able to react immediately. Just to make sure: you have problems with Links Rejector, not Textual Confirmation. Right?

If yes, please drop me a note when a spam message appears again, so I could look at it.

Ok.