bbAntiSpam: Discuss how to stop web spam

The forum is retired.

bbAntiSpam Forum Index - Textual Confirmation - Fatal error: Call to undefined function dss_rand()

Barabajagal

Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Fatal error: Call to undefined function dss_rand()  

First off, great mod!! I run two forums and get several spam bot registrations a day.

I installed it perfectly on one set of forums, and was pretty stoked - it works beautifully.

Unfortunately when I went to install it on the second (more popular) forum, I get the error below on registration:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function dss_rand() in
/.../includes/usercp_register.php on line 1002

Interestingly when I disable 'visual confirmation' in the admin config, I get the registration page back, but then no question and no catchpa at all.

I did a few searches on this forum but can't seem to find anything similar. Anyone had this before?

Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject:  

Hrm, nevermind - I stupidly copied over modded files from a 2.0.22 installation to a 2.0.17 installation.

Apologies.
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:55 am    Post subject:  

Congratulations with successful installation!

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject:  

I managed to restore and update the old version files pretty easily, and have had both forums safe for 24hrs now, 7 spam attempts blocked already.

I love this mod, good clear instructions that an amatuer like me can follow, and it works beautifully. I can ask gaming related questions on them that even a manual spammer would struggle with.

I just wanted to post again to say thanks, from myself, my mods, and the users who were getting fed up with all the dodgy links. I didn't realise just how much of a bane this had become, removing them all manually during the day. Great mod, I can't praise it enough, thank you! Very Happy
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:10 am    Post subject:  

Thanks for thanks, I'm always happy to hear it!

Ok.