bbAntiSpam: Discuss how to stop web spam

The forum is retired.

bbAntiSpam Forum Index - Textual Confirmation - Issue after 2.0.21 to 2.0.22 upgrade

Mark

Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Issue after 2.0.21 to 2.0.22 upgrade  

Everything was great under 2.0.21. I am very grateful for this product!

I just upgraded to 2.0.22 and the access is there in the admin but the questions are not there on the registering page. The Easymod admin section page does not show Textual Confirmation for re-installing. I am exposed!

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mark
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:04 am    Post subject:  

Hi Mark,

it's strange that Easymod lost Textual Confirmation, and it's hard for me to guess what's the current situation. Try the following:

Check the file "templates/subSilver/profile_add_body.tpl". Does it has something like this?
Code:
        <!-- BEGIN switch_textual_confirm -->
        <tr>
          <td class="row1"><span class="gen">{TEXTUAL_CONFIRMATION_QUESTION} * </span><br /><span class="gensmall">{L_TEXTUAL_CONFIRMATION_EXPLAIN}</td>
          <td class="row2"><input type="text" class="post" style="width: 200px" name="tc_answer" size="25" value="" /></td>
        </tr>
        <!-- END switch_textual_confirm -->

Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:22 am    Post subject:  

admin wrote:
Check the file "templates/subSilver/profile_add_body.tpl". Does it has something like this?
Code:
        <!-- BEGIN switch_textual_confirm -->

Yes, it has all of that. As far as I can see all of the files which TC adds or changes are there and correct.
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:04 am    Post subject:  

Hi Mark,

please send me (<olepar gmail com>):

* address of your forum,
* your file "includes/usercp_register.php", I'll check what could cause the problem.

Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject:  

Thanks for all you did to assist me with this. You were patient and helpful and we got there in the end.

I really appreciate this simple robust anti-bot measure and wish you all the best in all you do.

For others who may have the same issue - there was a change to includes/usercp_register.php on upgrading which needed to be readjusted. My caching system meant it took a while to find it but I am back in business.

Thanks - thanks - and did I say thanks? NO! Well thanks.

Mark Very Happy
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:56 am    Post subject:  

Thanks again! Such sort of comments is the real incentive to continue working on the product!

Ok.