bbAntiSpam: Discuss how to stop web spam

The forum is retired.

bbAntiSpam Forum Index - Textual Confirmation - Two issues

nikka

Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Two issues  

Hi!

I have installed the textual confirmation mod, but I have two issues:

1. When a user tries to register, he will ALWAYS get the error message saying "The confirmation code you entered was incorrect" when he press "Submit" the first time, even if the answer is correct.
He then have to fill the fields again and press "Submit". He is then registered...
This happenes every time for everyone, he always have to try two times before he is registered.

2. When someone answers the question wrong, the following error apears:

Could not find email template file :: textual_confirmation

DEBUG MODE

Line : 111
File : emailer.php

Thanks!

Last edited by nikka on Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject:  

Quote:
1. When a user tries to register, he will ALWAYS get the error message saying "The confirmation code you entered was incorrect" when he press "Submit" the first time, even if the answer is correct.
He then have to fill the fields again and press "Submit". He is then registered...
This happenes every time for everyone, he always have to try two times before he is registered.

It's very strange, it shouldn't be so. Probably it's an interference with some other MOD. Please send me (to <olepar gmail com>) the file "includes/usercp_register.php", I'll look at it.

Quote:

Please check that the file "language/lang_english/email/textual_confirmation.tpl" is installed.

Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject:  

admin wrote:
Quote:

It's very strange, it shouldn't be so. Probably it's an interference with some other MOD. Please send me (to <olepar gmail com>) the file "includes/usercp_register.php", I'll look at it.

Yes you're right. It was an interference with the 'disable spambot' mod. I disabled it, and now your mod works.

admin wrote:
Quote:

Please check that the file "language/lang_english/email/textual_confirmation.tpl" is installed.

Hehe, yes indeed. That fixed the problem.

Now it works just as it should, thanks! Smile
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:32 am    Post subject:  

I'm glad to hear it works well now. Best luck to your forum!

Ok.