bbAntiSpam: Discuss how to stop web spam

The forum is retired.

bbAntiSpam Forum Index - Textual Confirmation - FAQ: Textual Confirmation doesn't work

admin
Site Admin

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:31 am    Post subject: FAQ: Textual Confirmation doesn't work  

Question: I've installed Textual Confirmation. However, any answer is accepted. What is wrong?

Answer: Most likely, the problem is that the string "tc_hook_register();" was inserted to a wrong position in the file "includes/usercp_register.php". There are a lot of curly braces, which sometimes cause confusion.

For example, you might have the tc_hook_register(); before the end brackets:
Code:
$error = TRUE;
         $error_msg .= ( ( isset($error_msg) ) ? '<br />' : '' ) . $lang['Fields_empty'];
         tc_hook_register();
      }
   }

Instead of after:
Code:
$error = TRUE;
         $error_msg .= ( ( isset($error_msg) ) ? '<br />' : '' ) . $lang['Fields_empty'];
      }
   }
   tc_hook_register();

Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Very Good  

You're really good. That is exactly what I did wrong and this isn't even my post. Thanks a lot!!
bionichead

Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: That's great.  

Sorry about posting again, but I love how you did that with the text confirmation for guests. Is that a separate mod or the advanced version?

I do have one concern though with "yes" and "no" questions. It seems to me that it would be quite easy to program a spambot to say "yes" to all unkown questions. Even if the answer was "no", you would still have a 50-50 chance of getting it right.

Thanks again for the cool mod.
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:59 am    Post subject:  

Quote:
I love how you did that with the text confirmation for guests. Is that a separate mod or the advanced version?

It's the advanced version, here is how it is attached to phpBB2: http://bbantispam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=284.

Quote:
I do have one concern though with "yes" and "no" questions. It seems to me that it would be quite easy to program a spambot to say "yes" to all unkown questions. Even if the answer was "no", you would still have a 50-50 chance of getting it right.

It is supposed that forum administrators change the default questions.

Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject:  

Hello

I exactly had the same problem.

Now the mod is working fine. Thank you very much!

Best regards

Geri
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:16 am    Post subject:  

I'm happy it helped!

Ok.