bbAntiSpam: Discuss how to stop web spam

The forum is retired.

bbAntiSpam Forum Index - Textual Confirmation - The question doesn't appear

Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:18 am    Post subject: The question doesn't appear  

Hello, I've been looking a way to stop spam on my forums but no success. I still dont know did I finally found is since I followed all of the steps and still the question doesn't appear on the registration form. I readed through this forum but it seems like nobody had this problem (one was having similar one, but he still could see the question in the form).

My forum is phpBB 2.0.22 and I use phpib2 blue skin, but since the question didn't appear there, I thought that's the problem. I implemented the MODs to the subSilver skin too and made it default, but still the question isn't there. Could someone please help me fix the MOD for phpib2 blue skin or at least for the subSilver?
Thank you very much in advance.
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:12 am    Post subject:  

Hi! First please check if the questions are defined. Go to the administration panel, the Textual Confirmation section and check that the questions exist. Further actions will vary, depending if the answer is "yes" or "no".

Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject:  

Hello admin.
Yes, the default q&a appeared, I changed it... so in my admin panel there is a link for the TC, question and answer... but in the registration form it doesn't appear, neather in the subSilver or in the phpib 2. I hope you will help me.
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:41 am    Post subject:  

Well, at least the database part does work.

Please check the files "templates/subSilver/profile_add_body.tpl" and "templates/your_theme/profile_add_body.tpl". Do they contain something like it? (BEGIN/END comments are very important.)
Code:
   <!-- BEGIN switch_textual_confirm -->
   <tr>
     <td class="row1"><span class="gen">{TEXTUAL_CONFIRMATION_QUESTION} * </span><br /><span class="gensmall">{L_TEXTUAL_CONFIRMATION_EXPLAIN}</td>
     <td class="row2"><input type="text" class="post" style="width: 200px" name="tc_answer" size="25" value="" /></td>
   </tr>
   <!-- END switch_textual_confirm -->

At please re-check the file "includes/usercp_register.php". Is it changed correctly? Are the calls to "tc_hook_register()" and "tc_hook_template()" in the right places?

If nothing helps, please zip and send me (to <olepar gmail com>) these files:
* includes/constants.php
* includes/usercp_register.php
* templates/subSilver/profile_add_body.tpl

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject:  

tc_hook_register() was causing the problem, thanks alot Smile

Now I have another question. When I translate the textual confirmation I get chinese letters on the menu in admin panel. How can I translate it in Macedonian with cyrilic letters?
Thanks again.
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:37 am    Post subject:  

Quote:
tc_hook_register() was causing the problem, thanks alot

I'm glad the problem is solved.

Quote:
Now I have another question. When I translate the textual confirmation I get chinese letters on the menu in admin panel. How can I translate it in Macedonian with cyrilic letters?

Is your forum in the Macedonian language?

Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:08 am    Post subject:  

Yes Oleg, the whole forum is in macedonian language. Only the Textual Confirmation is in english curently, and you have to accept that doesn't look nice Sad
Even the question is in macedonian, but the explanation is in english Sad
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:37 am    Post subject:  

Quote:
the whole forum is in macedonian language

Good. In this case your forum contains the folder "language/lang_macedonian" (or a similar name). The translated files "lang_tc.php" and "email/textual_confirmation.tpl" should be in this folder. Please put them there and report results.

Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject:  

I have done that Oleg, but i get this type of letter in the administration panel at the menu at left:

戼⁲㸯㰊㹢慗湲湩㱧戯㨾†慃湮瑯洠摯晩⁹敨摡牥椠普牯慭楴湯ⴠ栠慥敤獲愠牬慥祤猠湥⁴祢⠠畯灴瑵猠慴瑲摥愠⁴栯浯⽥癡慩楴湯瀯扵楬彣瑨汭是牯浵氯湡畧条⽥慬杮浟捡摥湯慩⽮慬杮瑟⹣桰㩰⤹椠戼⼾潨敭愯楶
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:20 am    Post subject:  

Very strange. Textual Confirmation is successfully translated to such languages as Russian or Korean. It might be possible that different encodings are used on the board and in the translated files... At this point, it's better to redirect you to your local phpBB support group, but I can try once more. Zip the folder "lang_macedonian" and sent it to me to <olepar gmail com>.

Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject:  

Thanks Oleg, it works great now! Smile
The encoding was the problem. If you want, you can use that translation in some of the future upgrades.
Thanks again Smile
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:19 am    Post subject:  

I'm very glad it works now.

As for the translation, thanks for the offer. I'd like to accept it, but a bit later. I'm going to release a small update for Textual Confirmation and change texts a bit.

Ok.