bbAntiSpam: Discuss how to stop web spam

The forum is retired.

bbAntiSpam Forum Index - Textual Confirmation - Turn off email notification

=FC=Gorgon

Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Turn off email notification  

Howdy,

I have no problem sending stuff to the community database, but is it possible to turn off the email notifications to me?

thanks,
mikeS
Site Admin

Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:19 am    Post subject:  

Hi Mike!

Quote:
I have no problem sending stuff to the community database, but is it possible to turn off the email notifications to me?

Actually, the email notifications is a very important functionality. It's an incentive to buy a license, and this incentive does work.

The answer to your question is: yes, turn off is possible this way.

Happy New Year!

Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject:  

Nice script but I don't like how you replace one bombardment of registrations with a bombardment of emails. It just makes the purpose of this mod oxymoron - Accept 40 spam registrations a day or Accept 40 emails a day -

not really nice is it....

and if I had the money I would have no problem paying for hardwork however why do you think I'm using phpBB when there's vBulletin..oh yeah, no money...

You really ought to think of an alternative method... like, "This phpBB is spam protected by YOURHACKNAME on the footer" - I'd have no problem linking back.
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:42 am    Post subject:  

Thanks for confirming the problem. I'm still thinking for a better solution... I think a link in the footer isn't one: it would be an additional step in the installation procedure, and I want to make it as simple as possible.
Quote:
why do you think I'm using phpBB when there's vBulletin

I use phpBB because phpBB just better!

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject:  

Emails are alot easyer to delete than spamers!!
GilaMonster

Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:41 am    Post subject:  

Will the regestered version allow me to stop the high volume of email notifications sent to me? I have read that the regisereed version will stop the email notifications from being sent to the community, but will the registered version stop the unwanted (and completely un-needed) high volume of email notifications sent to the site admin?
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject:  

Hello,

Quote:
Will the regestered version allow me to stop the high volume of email notifications sent to me?

Yes, sure. The registered version doesn't send any emails. Click here to buy.

Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject:  

Thank you. Very Happy
The price of the registered version seems fair and your product works great.
Thanks for your effort! This mod works wonderfully. I've installed it on three phpBB boards without any problems at all.
Cool
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject:  

Hi!

Quote:
The price of the registered version seems fair and your product works great.

Have you tried to purchase the registered version? If yes, had you any problems?

Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: email notification  

Guest wrote:
It just makes the purpose of this mod oxymoron - Accept 40 spam registrations a day or Accept 40 emails a day -

Yes, it's true. I am currently using the account activation by the admin, what means to receive an email about the new registration and then go to the control panel to -99% of the times- delete the new user. If the solution is to receive an email about the rejected registration, it's ok for me, but I don't want to bother the other 2 admins with the same useless emails...

Ok.