bbAntiSpam: Discuss how to stop web spam

The forum is retired.

bbAntiSpam Forum Index - Advanced Textual Confirmation - How to stop PHP-Nuke spam

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

admin
Site Admin

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:21 am    Post subject:  

Quote:
It's from the logIn Page; submitted data are user name and password

I've visited this page: http://www.musiktreff.info/modules.php?name=Your_Account and haven't found anything suspicious. I'd like to ask you to bother the server admin, let he check the error log, maybe it contains some hints.

Meanwhile, it's possible to make a few tests.

1) Ask user to enter "test" as Benutzername, "test" as Passwort, submit the login form. Does he get a white page or error message "Login fehlerhaft"?

2) Ask user to answer _wrong_ to the question. Does he get a white page or the form again?

3) Temporary switch off the protection and ask the user to login. Is it possible?

Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject:  

Hello

It also works with http://warpspeed.4thdimension.de/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=2994&ttitle=4ndddb09.zip

How do I make it

Thanks Dan

Sorry for my english
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:58 am    Post subject:  

Quote:
How do I make it

Sorry, I don't understand the question.

Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:59 am    Post subject:  

The simplest solution to fix all the types of spam in PHP Nuke is to edit the file "config.php". Insert as the first line:
Code:
<?php include_once 'bbantispam/bbantispam.php'; ?>

If this does not work try to add the above line of code in index.php in modules/4ndvddb/index.php
Look for more information here on how to edit:
http://www.bbantispam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=305&start=0
Martin

Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:34 am    Post subject:  

Firstly i want to thank you for making this bbantispam. But before getting a full licence i need a problem solved.
Running PhPnuke, and im installing as explained in this topic. All works fine, but only for a very short period of time. Its like after the first spammer has been around its not working (dont know).
Fact is that when ive uploadet and changed the question and answer it works fine when testing. Shortly after its just stops working. If you can sort this out i will be very happy to get the full licence Smile
Thank you in advance Smile
Martin

Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject:  

Just in case i wasnt clear. Thew question page loads fine after installation. But less than 1 hour later it stops loading.
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:55 am    Post subject:  

Quote:
Fact is that when ive uploadet and changed the question and answer it works fine when testing. Shortly after its just stops working.

Most likely, you found this feature: ``Advanced Textual Confirmation ... challenges site visitors only once, and then disappears''. Indeed, if you are have passed the test, why to bother you again?

To get the form again, delete "bbas_...." cookies or change the questions.

Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:00 am    Post subject:  

I understand that. But that also means that spam accounts starts popping in again allmost instantly. I made the question so people HAVE to ask for a password, so they havent figured out the answer.
Is there any way to change it so it wont go away after the first time?
Slacker

Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:22 am    Post subject:  

I have used bbantispam with PHP-Nuke 7.6 for 9 months now and I have not had a single spam. I have put the installation code in config.php, which is best because the bbantispam protects against all spam even in shoutbox.

If you put the installation code elsewhere you does not get this full protection, but have to add installation code for each module you want to protect, which takes more time and experimentation.
Martin

Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject:  

I have no problems with spam posts. Only spam accounts. My site is set to require account activation to be able to post. And i have used the config.php file aswell.
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:45 am    Post subject:  

Quote:
Is there any way to change it so it wont go away after the first time?

No.
Quote:
But that also means that spam accounts starts popping in again allmost instantly.

Also no. The question/answer form disappears only for those who already answered correctly. But new users and bots will get the form and will have to answer.

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:04 am    Post subject:  

Martin wrote:
I have no problems with spam posts. Only spam accounts. My site is set to require account activation to be able to post. And i have used the config.php file aswell.

Earlier, I had spambots that registered accounts and I was able to stop this by putting the installation code in profile.php of the forum. Later, I substituted it by putting the installation code in config.php, which gave equal protection. Have you tried to put the installation code also in profile.php? Maybe it will give the extra protection that you seem to need?
lostmail

Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: How to stop PHP-Nuke spam  

[quote="admin"]
2) To stop spam registrations

2.1) Starting from the PHP-Nuke installation directory, go to the directory "modules/Your_Account" and open the file "index.php".

2.2) Change the first lines of the file from
Code:

<?php

/************************************************************************/

to
Code:

<?php include_once 'bbantispam/bbantispam.php'; ?>
<?php

/************************************************************************/

I made this changes, but the antispam protection is now active if a registered (existing) user wants to login (not a new user).

How can i make it to use the antispam protection only for NEW USERS ?
http://www......../modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=new_user

Question
admin
Site Admin

Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject:  

Quote:
How can i make it to use the antispam protection only for NEW USERS ?

You don't need it: after an user answered a question, he doesn't get questions anymore.

However, if you want to complicate the things, try to edit the file "modules/Your_Account/index.php".

Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:42 am    Post subject:  

Observe, that in at least PHP-Nuke 7.6 spambots can also register through phpbb and do that without activation e-mail. The best way to protect PHP-Nuke from spam everywhere is to put the installation code in config.php.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Ok.